[tex-live] Annoyances

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Jun 28 13:41:41 CEST 2006

* Zdenek Wagner <wagner at cesnet.cz> writes:

    > I have just tried the devnag preprocessor version 2.14 which was
    > compiled by mingw version 3.4.2 in Windows 98 and the test was run
    > in Windows 2000.  Ctrl-C works fine.

Which doesn't prove anything about reliability of MSYS-1.0.dll !

c:\>grep foo */* */*/* */*/*/*

in a large source tree.

c:\>c:\local\MinGW\bin\grep.exe --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.4.2

Depends on MSYS-1.0.DLL of 01/05/2004.

Repeatable behaviour.

My own compiled Gnu Grep 2.5 does not exhibit this behaviour, but it is
compiled and linked against MS libc.

Now think about an Emacs using such an uninterruptible grep.exe in the
background.

Sorry, I downloaded this stuff directly from the mingw site. And I won't
download MSYS dll sources to find the root of the problem, albeit I
expect it to be in the expansion of arguments on the command line which
your test doesn't use.

Fabrice