[tex-live] lm font map replacements

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 18 23:33:25 CEST 2005

    post a summary of the map file splitting and possible replacements.

Plus cm-super ...

    I am not saying that any of these replacements should be done now.

Good :).  I think we must postpone this until next year for TL.

    Petr Olsak, for example, suggests careful testing.

Besides visual testing, which will surely be the most time-consuming
aspect of this, I wonder if someone could write a script which would
compare metrics of a given font and its LM replacement.  Anything
significantly different would alert us to look carefully, for one reason
or another.

    Everything clear now? :-)

Oh sure :).

Thanks,