[tex-live] lm font map replacements

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun Sep 18 22:27:07 CEST 2005

After some discussion with Gerben, I think that it might be useful to
post a summary of the map file splitting and possible replacements.
I am not saying that any of these replacements should be done now.
Petr Olsak, for example, suggests careful testing. My summary gives an
overview about which map files define the same (TFM name) fonts.

=========
Splitting
=========
cs.map
  = cstext.map + csother.map

pl.map
  = pltext.map + plother.map

vnr.map
  = vnrtext.map + vnrother.map

bsr.map
  = cmtext-bsr.map + cmother-bsr.map + ams-bsr.map + latex-bsr.map

bsr-interpolated.map
  = cmtext-bsr-interpolated.map + ams-bsr-interpolated.map +
    ams-cmcsc-bsr-interpolated.map

===================
Direct replacements
===================
cstext.map
  -> lm-rep-cstext.map

pltext.map
  -> lm-rep-pltext.map

vnrtext.map
  -> lm-rep-vnrtext.map

cmtext-bsr.map + cmtext-bsr-interpolated.map +
ams-cmcsc-bsr-interpolated.map
  -> lm-rep-cmtext-interpolated.map + lm-rep-cmtext.map

=======================
Splitting + replacement
=======================
cs.map
  -> lm-rep-cstext.map + csother.map

pl.map
  -> lm-rep-pltext.map + plother.map

vnr.map
  -> lm-rep-vnrtext.map + vnrother.map

bsr.map + bsr-interpolated.map
  -> lm-rep-cmtext-interpolated.map + lm-rep-cmtext.map +
     cmother-bsr.map + ams-bsr-interpolated.map + ams-bsr.map +
     latex-bsr.map

Everything clear now? :-)

Thomas