[tex-live] tex4ht win32 binaries

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Oct 7 13:38:48 CEST 2005

Quoting Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Eitan supplied new win32 binaries in his "fix" tex4ht package.  I'm not
> sure if we should take those for TeX Live, or if it's better to stick
> with what we have already.
>
> I put the new versions at
>   http://tug.org/~karl/t4ht.exe
>   http://tug.org/~karl/tex4ht.exe
> for now.  Can someone Windows-savvy try them out?

I can't claim to be savvy about Windows -- I only use under protest,
and it has been over a year since I used tex4ht, but I did try the new
binaries.  They failed to find tex4ht.env:

$ htlatex t "html,fn-in,info"
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.3-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.5)
[...]
Output written on t.dvi (1 page, 7900 bytes).
Transcript written on t.log.
--- warning --- Can't find/open file `tex4ht.env'
--- error --- Illegal storage address
----------------------------
tex4ht.c (2005-09-10-10:32 ms-win32)

The original (20051004 test) binaries seem to be working on my simple test.

tex4ht.c (2005-05-29-09:42 kpathsea)
tex4ht t
(c:/TeXLive2005/texmf-dist/tex4ht/base/win32/tex4ht.env)

Time to RTFM to understand how tex4ht finds `tex4ht.env'.

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia