[tex-live] updmap

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 3 00:05:34 CEST 2005

    I have updated from tldevsrc last night.  There are some map files
    missing from updmap.cfg:

I will look at this.  I noticed those problems with the updmap.cfg
generation yesterday but didn't have a chance to fix it.

    MnSymbol.map is not present in the current texmf tree.  It has been
    removed recently

Indeed.  I deleted it because it was the best way I could find to make
the CD image fit again (what with cbgreek, iwona, and kurier being
added).  It's a companion font for Minion; nice work, but it seems to me
only a tiny, tiny percentage of users could use it ... something had to
go ...

    updmap -e copies updmap.cfg to $TMP but it doesn't change the mode
    from 444 to 644 before starting the editor.  The same happens with
    updmap --syncwithtrees.

Thomas ... ?

Thanks,