[tex-live] encodings, printable characters, tcx

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 19 15:49:29 CET 2005

(Changing the subject line.)

    an encoding that will quote 00-09, 0b-0c, 0e-1f, 7f-9f,

Does this work?  (I thought we already had a tcx for this in TL04, but
couldn't find it.)

% cp96.tcx - make all characters outside of 0x20-0x7f *not* printable.
% public domain.
%
% Use like this:
% whatevertex --translate-file=/wherever/cp96.tcx ...other options...
%
% The result is that all characters except "plain ASCII" (space through
% tilde) will be output in ^^ notation.  This is useful when the format
% has made characters printable (as themselves), but for a particular
% run you want TeX's original sort of output.

0x00   0x00 0
0x01   0x01 0
0x02   0x02 0
0x03   0x03 0