[tex-live] hosting decisions

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Jan 19 08:36:32 CET 2004

[...]

    Karl> CVR, I wonder if you could speak a little about sarovar's
    Karl> CVS uptime?  (Web stuff is relatively unimportant.)

Sarovar hasn't suffered any downtime during last year except for two
hours or so for rack maintenance by the ISP.  Sarovar is not a huge
setup like Sourceforge, but has only 436 usrs and 82 projects. We
started around beginning of April 2003.

During last year we had stopped twice ssh and CVS for a day each when
root exploit was reported and consequently Linux kernel was upgraded
or patched.

Otherwise, Sarovar is going strong without any hitch so far.

Best

Radhakrishnan