[tex-live] .enc, .map and texmf.cnf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 27 08:51:22 CET 2004

At 20:51 26/02/2004, Thomas Esser wrote:
> > another anomality is that graphics are searched along the tex source path,
> > should be an independent graphics path $GRAPHICINPUTS, defaulting to
> > $TEXINPUTS
>
>I don't know if this is hard or not. But, I imagine that the typesetting
>part (i.e. the part that is just concerned about boxes) of pdftex needs
>to find the graphics for the bounding box. And, this part can only search
>along $TEXINPUTS, can't it?

if texinputs is bound to \input and \openin, that's true (i'm not sure what
pdftex has har coded, maybe the sams as dvips); so what we really need is a
way from within tex to set the search path which is a different game

   in pdftex: \pdfinput [path {...}] file {...}

something to discuss with martin/thanh.

Hans