[tex-live] let's make some decisions

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Feb 8 22:11:16 CET 2004

George N. White III wrote:

>A big bad company ports TL2010 and claims copywrite on the
>docs, patents on the methods, and invokes the DMCA against anyone who
>attempts a port. It would be a practical impossibility to have an open
>source port, not because the bad guy is on solid legal ground, but because
>the cost of going to court is prohibitive.

Personally, I'd accept the risk, instead of paying good money to shyster
lawyers now.  I don't have much time for
the sleazy legal system which feeds on society like this. If someone in
2010 tells me to desist, well OK maybe I'll just shrug
and go off to play some other game. Ultimately, its not a matter of life
and death if Microsoft destroys TeX.....

Sebastian