[tex-live] Current source.development does not compile on Mac OS X

Vladimir Volovich vvv@vsu.ru
19 Nov 2002 03:22:19 +0300

"FP" == Fabrice Popineau writes:

 >> you can keep all your sources with UNIX line endings, then Emacs
 >> will not change the line endings. Also, patch.exe for win32 seems
 >> to have a command line option to use "binary mode". That way, even
 >> if

 FP> I'll check for this but first time I hear about that. The problem
 FP> is not easy, because patch is not alone. Diff files are usually
 FP> produced by redirection on the command line, which means text
 FP> mode diff files (unless a patched diff !). Text mode diff files
 FP> with binary files to be patched usually does not mix happily.

uh... maybe you can pre-process diff files then before running patch
to get rid of CR... such a messy windows world :-)

 >> Or, if your patch.exe doesn't support "binary mode", you can
 >> post-process your files with perl -p -i.bak -e 's,\r\n,\n,' files
 FP> not seem to work that way. But a perl script could do it yes.

it works fine on unix, but on windows you might need to add
binmode STDIN; or something like that...

Best,
v.