[tex-live] Current source.development does not compile on Mac OS X

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:09:09 +0100

* Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vsu.ru> writes:

> you can keep all your sources with UNIX line endings, then Emacs
> will not change the line endings. Also, patch.exe for win32 seems to
> have a command line option to use "binary mode". That way, even if

I'll check for this but first time  I hear about  that. The problem is
not easy, because patch is not alone. Diff  files are usually produced
by redirection  on the command line, which  means text mode diff files
(unless a patched  diff !). Text mode  diff files with binary files to
be patched usually does not mix happily.

> Or, if your patch.exe doesn't support "binary mode", you can
> post-process your files with perl -p -i.bak -e 's,\r\n,\n,' files
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^
does not seem to work that way. But a perl script could do it yes.

Fabrice