[tex-live] TeXLive 6

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:45:58 +0100

Martin Ward writes:
 > First of all, the long-standing bug(s) in texconfig have not been fixed:

did you report them to anyone? I simply take the current from teTeX

 > it still crashes on *all* the Linux terminals I have tried it on.

bizarre. I have not heard that report before. I have been using Linux
since forever, and running texconfig, and have never had such a crash...

 > Secondly, I chose to install all the collections (but not any extra
 > languages), the install seemed to go OK, but it failed on trying to
 > recreate the formats.
 >
 > It seems that the latex format tries to load the file
 > texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/frhyph.tex which had not been installed.

that should not happen. is this an entirely clean setup, no old files?
what does "kpsewhich language.dat" report, and what does it contain?

 > Next I tried to set the mode with "texconfig mode jetiiisi"
 > which gave some highly informative error messages:

I am sorry, I cannot reproduce that error.

something in your Linux environment  must be very different from mine!

sebastian