[tex-k] Bug? \epsilon vs. x

Bertram Scharpf info at bertram-scharpf.de
Thu Jun 30 10:40:16 CEST 2022

Hi,

probably this is rather a matter of taste than a real bug.

In the METAFONTbook, page C172, line 10 reads:

  "case text($\epsilon$) is omitted. [...]",

but in line 3 `text' is defined by

  "@for@ $x=\epsilon_1,\epsilon_2,\epsilon_3$: text($x$) @endfor@".

Notice the `\epsilon' instead of the `x'.

It is difficult for me to imagine how DEK could write the
epsilon without the subscript mentioned in the definition.
I'm interested in whether he did this deliberately.

To search the web if this question has already been asked is
almost impossible. If this one is a duplicate, I apologize.

Regards,

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf