[tex-k] Bad space in TeXbook

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 29 23:22:39 CEST 2021

    Either on page 374 there is extra space:
        `|\t=\expandafter{\the\t|~|*}|' in the example on the previous page

    Or on page 373 there is a missing space:
        \loop \ifnum\m>0 \t=\expandafter{\the\t*}\advance\m-1 \repeat

    (see latest texbook.tex)

Bizarrely, in the actual printed book I have (34th printing), there is a
space in both places. I see the change (removal of the space on the
\loop line) taking place in the 2014 texbook.tex, compared to 2008.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it looks in the upcoming
"Jubilee" printings. (I have no information about when they will be
available, just BTW.) Meanwhile, it is at least a texbook.tex bug, seems
to me. --thanks, karl.