[tex-k] bibtexu crash

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 18 00:58:40 CEST 2021

Hi Dmitry,

    Release version: 3.71 (04 mar 2019) (TeX Live 2021)
    Compiled with:   ICU version 68.2

Yes, I get the same failure with tl21 bibtexu and ICU. Apparently
something in ICU has new requirements or backward incompatibilities.

Hironobu, maybe you'd be willing to look into this? You've been just
about the only person to touch bibtexu at all in years. I'd greatly
appreciate it. I'll attach Dmitry's test file and the generated .aux .

Thanks,
Karl

$ pdflatex test.tex
$ bibtexu test
..
Database file #1: test.bib
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
  what():  Unknown error -1
Aborted