[tex-k] Arithmetic overflow exception with METAFONT

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 5 23:15:35 CEST 2020

Hi Wolfgang,

    Italic letter fAn unhandled exception occurred at $000000010BF51D3E:

As far as I can see, you'll have to run it under a debugger and see
what's happening. I can't divine anything from "unhandled exception".

It is not all that likely, but certainly possible that mf is triggering
a compiler bug. It has happened many times in the past. You could try
compiling without any optimization (if you aren't already) to reduce
the chance of that. --best, karl.