[tex-k] CTANGLE: spurious "ttp" file is left over

Andreas Scherer andreas_tex at freenet.de
Sun Jun 7 11:35:59 CEST 2020

Hi, Igor,

> This is CTANGLE (Version 3.64)
> *1*17*24*37
> ! Input line too long. (l. 1037)
> pool_pointer @!str_start[max_strings+1]= {@<|str_start|
> initialization@>}; /*the starting pointers*
> ! Input line too long. (l. 1264)

[...]

> This is CWEAVE (Version 3.64)
> *1*17*24*37
> ! Input line too long. (l. 1037)
> pool_pointer @!str_start[max_strings+1]= {@<|str_start|
> initialization@>}; /*the starting pointers*
> ! Illegal use of @ in comment. (l. 1039)
> pool_pointer @!
>                pool_ptr=@<|pool_ptr| initialization@>; /*first unused
> position in |str_pool|*/
> ! Input line too long. (l. 1264)

[...]

> ! Sorry, name capacity exceeded. (l. 24201)
> str_start_536, str_start_537
>                             , str_start_538, str_start_539,
> (That was a fatal error, my friend.)

The looong lines should be broken, but the "stack overflow" is something
different.  Neither CWEBbin nor TL-CWEB ever cared to increase the
'stack_size' to a higher value than '400'.  If I add this to
'cweav-extensions.ch' (or 'cweav-w2c.ch') and increase the 'stack_size'
to, say, '2000', then 'cweave mf [mf]' runs through (with a few warnings
about unused sections).

So, I guess you'll have to hack your own 'cweave' with a higher
'stack_size' and I make a note for TL 2021.  Sorry.

Best,
Andreas