[tex-k] A follow-up to my previous bug report

胡亚捷 (Hu Yajie) 2500418497 at qq.com
Sat Jul 11 06:36:43 CEST 2020

In my previous bug report I gave the example "\bull heightening tensions",
but in practice nobody would type that, since it leaves no space between the
square bullet and the text. People usually use \bull as an argument to
macros like \textindent, \item, etc., which put an \enspace after the bullet
which is enough to end the rule specification. The same thing happens
if you use \bull directly like "\bull\ heightening tensions". However,
"\bull\space heightening tensions" does cause an error, and so does
    \def\\{\bull}
    ... \\ Height and weight as an index of nutrition \\ ...
if such a format suddenly caught a typographer's fancy.

[My email client cannot "reply" to a thread in a mailing list, sorry.]