[tex-k] bibtex build issue under macOS: error: implicit declaration of function

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 1 00:25:25 CEST 2020

    :info:build bibtex.c:6956:36: error: implicit declaration of
    function 'open_input_with_dirname' is invalid in C99

Ok. I imagine we can get that function declared.

    [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

For the moment, the obvious workaround is, don't use -Werror.

    have found no simple way of patching the bibtex.h, of for that
    matter bibtex.c

There's not intended to be; changes to BibTeX should be made in bibtex.ch.
Alternatively, the necessary change might be in one of the
standalone *.[ch] files in the web2c/ directory. I'm not sure.

I'll look into it as soon as I have a chance, or maybe Akira or someone
else can get there first.

Thanks for the report. -k