[tex-k] latest bugs in The TeXbook & The METAFONTbook

胡亚捷 (Hu Yajie) 2500418497 at qq.com
Sun Aug 2 11:02:35 CEST 2020

I was stupid to propose a six-line solution in my previous bug report.
I should have been aware of the \vcenter command. Simply changing
`\hbox{...}' to `\vcenter{\hbox{...}}' gets the same vertical symmetry.

Page A248, line 2
Put a thinspace between `36' and `em', in accordance with the rest of the book
(e.g. page 224, lines -9,-8,-6; page 239, lines 8,9,10).

Page C163, lines -4 and -1
Page C165, lines 4 and 6
Page C248, line -17
Page C249, line 15
Page C308, line 1
Change the typewriter double-quotes to roman single-quotes, in accordance with
the exercises in the middle of page 123 and the top of page 124.

Page C249, answer 18.9
Change
    beginchar("H",13u#,ht#,0);
    beginchar("H",13u#,ht#,0);
    pickup broad_pen;
and change
    fill bot_serif_edge4
    filldraw bot_serif_edge4
in accordance with the real program in mfman.mf. (See also the attachment.)

Volume C, index
`O'
    Add page 161.

----