[tex-k] The dvitype utility can't dump XDV files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sun Oct 17 00:38:06 CEST 2010

Am 15.10.2010 um 13:41 schrieb Peter Breitenlohner:

> In the TeX Live SVN repository (r20110) there is now a version that
> can
> interprete pTeX extensions ("disdvi -p [file]" or "disdvi --ptex
> [file]")
> and XeTeX extensions ("disdvi -x [file]" or "disdvi --xetex
> [file]").  Still
> somewhat preliminary, but works nicely for the three .xdv files you
> sent me.
>
> The modified sources are in svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Build/source
> or
> ftp://ftpth.mppmu.mpg.de/pub/peb/TLtests/tex-live-2010-09-24.tar.xz

Hello!

I copied disdvi from the inst/bin branch into the TL '10 binaries
directory–and it works fine! But I am missing some additional data
dvitype gives, the text typeset. It seems that it's not always
retrieved, particularly when it's only very short... but exactly here
it could be useful, for example to understand which characters or
glyphs are used from the font in use.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language.
				– Buck Henry