[tex-k] A small build system test (Was: Libtool and cxx-runtime-hack)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jan 22 03:02:42 CET 2009

    Attached is another small tarball for a modified build system:
    ...  I'd appreciate if you could test

I tried it and it worked fine.

    (2) the files added to a package maintained somewhere else go into a
    subdirectory -- easier to maintain.

Excellent.

    The disadvantage is, that if a system library doesn't meet the
    requirements the whole process fails (no possibility to switch to
    the included version at such a late stage).

Doesn't seem serious to me.  The error message can just say "rerun
starting with configure --with-whatever".  Also, generally we want to
use our libraries instead of system ones anyway.  As you know.

Thanks so much for tackling this.