[tex-k] dvips possible-bug/feature-request

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Mar 8 19:23:07 CET 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, at 5:21 pm, Michael Zedler wrote:

> Not 100% up-to-date...
>
> hft190:~/Documents zedler$ pdfinfo problem.pdf
> Title:          gr.eps
> Subject:        gnuplot plot
> Author:         root
> Creator:        gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 0
> Producer:       Acrobat Distiller 7.0.5 for Macintosh
> CreationDate:   Thu Mar  8 09:11:13 2007
> ModDate:        Thu Mar  8 18:16:57 2007
> Tagged:         no
> Pages:          1
> Encrypted:      no
> Page size:      612 x 792 pts (letter)
> File size:      10970 bytes
> Optimized:      yes
> PDF version:    1.4

Aha, thanks. So the problem *does* appear with a newer Distiller --
in which case it doesn't look like Ghostscript is to blame after all.

It still seems to me that a fully general "fix" in dvips could be
difficult. I wonder if Adobe has any guidelines for PS processors
regarding how to handle such pdfmarks in embedded documents.

JK