[tex-k] dvilj : does not handle postscript commands

Eric GUERIN Eric GUERIN <eguerin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:54:52 +0100

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> dvilj would need a full featured PostScript interpreter.  It is very
> unlikely that someone would write one for dvilj because
>
> 1. there is a free PostScript interpreter that can produce PCL output
>    (ghostscript) and
> 2. there are many people who has good ideas but very few who can do all
>    the work.
>
> Why do you want dvilj to handle PostScript instead of using
> ghostscript?

Because I have a HP LaserJet 4 'm' and Ghostscript (both GNU and AFPL versions)
does not handle very well this printer. (and I'm tired waiting for the printer
to print postscript documents containing images...)

--
Eric GUERIN - eguerin@ligim.univ-lyon1.fr
LIGIM (Laboratoire d'Informatique Graphique, Image et Modelisation)