[tex-k] dvilj : does not handle postscript commands

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard@kammer.uni-hannover.de
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:14:58 +0100

    > Hi, The dvilj util does not handle the 'special' commands
    > included in dvi files (direct postscript commands). These
    > commands are present when I use pstricks or when I include some
    > eps files. Is it impossible to handle this commands (due to high
    > level of postscript and the low-level of PCL) or do you think
    > one day it could ? It would be great...

dvilj would need a full featured PostScript interpreter.  It is very
unlikely that someone would write one for dvilj because

1. there is a free PostScript interpreter that can produce PCL output
   (ghostscript) and
2. there are many people who has good ideas but very few who can do all
   the work.

Why do you want dvilj to handle PostScript instead of using
ghostscript?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard@kammer.uni-hannover.de