[tex-hyphen] New Czechoslovak hyphenation patterns

Arthur Rosendahl arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Jul 15 22:52:00 CEST 2021

	Dear Petr, dear Ondřej,

  Thank you for your email.  I only have time for a short reply, as I’m
currently preparing the TUG 2021 conference.  We’ll be happy to include
your new patterns in hyph-utf8 when you think they’re ready; you’re
certainly better placed to judge of their quality, together with other
Czech speakers, than Mojca and me who are just the administrators of the
repository.  Just let us know when you think it’s time to replace the
Czech patterns you prepared with Pavel Ševeček in 1995.  For the Slovak
patterns, I’d be happy to hear the opinion of some Slovak speakers.

  Regarding using this approach for other languages than Czech and
Slovak, I’m sure it would be a good idea but we would need access to
good word lists, and a group of dedicated volunteers for different
languages.  At the moment such an effort only exist for German, as far
as I’m aware.

	Best,

		Arthur