[tex-hyphen] Names of files in OFFO

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:26:16 CET 2016

On 11 March 2016 at 10:59, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>   Yes, of course, BCP 47 is a standard of the IETF, the Internet
> Engineering Task Force.  But that's not directly relevant, what's more
> important is how XSL tags languages, and it seems it only supports ISO 639,
> with country and scripts in a different field (following ISO 3166-1 and
> ISO 15925 respectively); even for languages it only supports ISO 639-1
> and 639-2, not -3: https://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#language

Thanks for the link. I'm sorry for not properly understanding the scope of use.

So in this particular case there is probably nothing we or OFFO
developers can do to support two sets for one language unless there
are other private fields.

(And 'mul' is explicitly turned into undefined, so mul-ethi has to be changed.)

Nevertheless this doesn't mean that we couldn't try to get an official
tag registered for Latin.