[tex-hyphen] a question about "office"

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Feb 4 21:20:28 CET 2016

Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> You are right, Barbara. I was actually testing "LibreOffice" and I get
> "Li-bre-Office" when using ConTeXt fonts and "Li-bre-Of-fice" with
> MinionPro (installed on my OS, not in ConTeXt).

As far as I am aware, there is no connection (other than co-incidental)
between the hyphenation of "LibreOffice" and the hyphenation of
"Office".  Furthermore, unless \uchyph > 0, words commencing with an
upper-case letter will not be hyphenated.  To find how "office" is
hyphenated in ConTeXt, test with "office", not some prefixed or
upper-cased variant thereof, Pablo ...

** Phil.