[tex-hyphen] hyphenation different in xelatex?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Sep 4 17:33:25 CEST 2015

> In facts, I understood exactly that

  I was talking to Mojca.

>                                      but the core of my message was to
> stimulate our German friends of Dante to get rid of that archeological file
> that now is beeing used for pdfLaTeX in order to maintain (?) compatibility
> with TeX 2.x that does not exist any more.

  I got that.

> Versioning is important more for the authors than the tex-hyphen group

  Yes, of course, but the work Mojca and I are doing is for authors; we
don't maintain patterns for patterns' sake; so the question, is again,
what to authors / users want -- or rather how do we mitigate the
different needs and make reasonable compromises?  Someone should make a
clear decision.

	Arthur