[tex-hyphen] hyphenation different in xelatex?

Claudio Beccari claudio.beccari at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 17:23:48 CEST 2015

In facts, I understood exactly that, but the core of my message was ti
stimulate our German friends of Dante to get rid of that archeological
file that now is beeing used for pdfLaTeX in order to maintain (?)
compatibility with TeX 2.x that does not exist any more.

Versioning is important more for the authors than the tex-hyphen group;
if a maintainer decides to change a language pattern files I assume s/he
does that work to render them more accurate, not to introduce errors. If
newer pattern files produce sporadic different line breaks compared to
the older ones, that should not be a drawback but an imporvement due to
a more accurate language hyphenation processing.

Claudio