[tex-hyphen] TR : missing hyphen points in Greek

Claudio Beccari claudio.beccari at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:00:14 CEST 2014

Welcome back home, Dimitrie.

Thank you for the usefull information you sent me; I will use your long
link as soon as I am through the completion of the LGR encoded patterns
for ancient Greek, which are much more heavy that those for polytonic
and monotonic, because of the etymological  hyphenation; that is really
a great work in order to find out all the exceptions and the prefixes to
detach etymologically. I am learning a lot.

As you might have found out in the bunch of messages you got upon
getting home, you might have noticed that I already completed the
polytonic and the monotonic patterns; Günter rewrote the greek.ldf for
babel, and I am testing that new version while I ma going on with patterns.

When I a through I think you have to revise the three LGR pattern files;
some errors might have crept in, and some patterns that I added might be
wrong. But the tests I made so far have shown that they were necessary,
and the remaining added patterns with code point between 128 and 255 are
working properly, although they are so many that it is difficult to test
all of them. In any case in a few days I might be through the completion
of the ancient Greek patterns. I can add the patterns with code points
between 128 and 255 at a rate of about 400 per day; at the moment I am
about half way...

Cheers

Claudio