[tex-hyphen] TR : missing hyphen points in Greek

Dimitrios Filippou dimitrios.ap.filippou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:14:45 CEST 2014

Hello all.

After a lengthy absence, I'm now back at home.  I haven't had the time
to read the messages copied to me, but here's a quick reply to your
latest message:

1) Claudio, you can find some polytonic Unicode Greek texts in Wikisource:

http://el.wikisource.org/wiki/%CE%A4%CE%BF_%CE%B1%CE%BC%CE%AC%CF%81%CF%84%CE%B7%CE%BC%CE%B1_%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%82_%CE%BC%CE%B7%CF%84%CF%81%CF%8C%CF%82_%CE%BC%CE%BF%CF%85
http://el.wikisource.org/wiki/%CE%97_%CE%B5%CF%83%CF%80%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%AF%CF%82_%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85_%CE%BA%CF%85%CF%81%CE%AF%CE%BF%CF%85_%CE%A3%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B1%CE%BC%CE%AC%CE%BA%CE%B7
http://el.wikisource.org/wiki/%CE%A4%CE%BF_%CE%BB%CE%B1%CE%BC%CF%80%CF%81%CF%8C_%CE%B1%CE%BC%CE%AC%CE%BE%CE%B9

2) Mojca, the Perl script to convert the Greek patterns to Unicode was
never released into the public domain.  That script was sent to me by
Peter Heslin, but I had to do several manual corrections in the
patterns.

3) Claudio, the "duplicate" entries in the Greek patterns (e.g. α2ί
α2ί) you mention in a previous message are not really duplicates.  (If
they were duplicates, TeX would chock immediately on making the FMT
files.)  The reason why you see duplicates is because Unicode defines
two very similar-looking accents: GREEK TONOS (0384) and GREEK OXIA
(1FFD).  In almost all fonts, these two accents look the same.  But in
few fonts, GREEK OXIA leans to the right, while GREEK TONOS is
vertical (have a look of "α2ί α2ί" in Tahoma fonts).  That's why I
created those "duplicates", which must remain there.  More comments
will follow in future messages, as I read through your discussion...

Best regards,

df