[tex-hyphen] zerohyph.tex and hyph-utf8

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Aug 21 21:31:54 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've had the desire to read (in Lua) a pattern file containing no patterns.

There's a file

  texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyphen/zerohyph.tex

in TL2014 that contains an empty \pattern statement.  However, I'm
reading patterns from files provided by the hyph-utf8 package, which
contain bare text patterns.  That is, I need to refer to a completely
empty file.  But I couldn't find one in hyph-utf8.  I've looked at the
various null.* files in the textmf tree, but all of them contain text
comments.  Is there any file in TeX that is guaranteed to be empty?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig