[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation of polytonic Greek (expressed in Unicode)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Sep 12 22:59:59 CEST 2013

(Cross-posted, continues a thread started on TeX-Hyphen)

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>   Since you'll be using XeTeX, you can take advantage of the fact that
> the two languages you'll be working with use disjoint character sets,
> and make the language switch automatic using XeTeX's inter-character
> token mechanism.

Can \XeTeXinterchartoks hang ?  I have just added two debugging
strings to my earlier (apparently working) code, because I became
aware after changing font as well as language at a boundary point
that something odd was happening, and now the code hangs.  This
is the augmented code :

> \XeTeXinterchartoks 0 \Greek {\uselanguage {greek}(Greek)}
> \XeTeXinterchartoks \Greek 0 {\uselanguage {UKenglish}(English)}

and this is the original :

> \XeTeXinterchartoks 0 \Greek {\uselanguage {greek}}
> \XeTeXinterchartoks \Greek 0 {\uselanguage {UKenglish}}

Philip Taylor