[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation of polytonic Greek (expressed in Unicode)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 11:42:33 CEST 2013

On Sep 12, 2013 7:48 PM, "Jonathan Kew" wrote:

> Or you could cheat by loading both the English and Greek patterns into
the same TeX \language; as they are dealing with separate parts of the
Unicode character space, they won't interfere with each other. Then both
English and Greek will hyphenate correctly with no additional markup or
other effort.

> This is of course a limited "hack" that may be suitable for a specific
project where you can create a custom format with the "merged" patterns you
need, and the patterns involved don't overlap; it's not a general-purpose
solution for multilingual hyphenation.

If the project needs to be compiled on a small limited number of computers,
I would use that "hack" exactly. One can create a simple tlpkg that
installs a new combined language for example.

Interchar tokens are also a hack after all.