[tex-hyphen] hyph-utf8 update

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 26 23:36:12 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Sadly it seems that I will have to remove the Georgian patterns. I've
>> been trying to reach the author since 21st May to get an answer about
>> the licence of the patterns and he doesn't answer. I also asked the
>> question at the very beginning, but he skipped answering that part.
>> Its seems weird enough because I was last in touch with him very
>> recently (the patterns have only been added in the last release,
>> together with Thai), but I cannot help.
>
> Arthur just pointed out to me this email:
>    http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-hyphen/2013-February/000921.html
> saying "for a license "LPPL" is fine right?"
>
> Whether or not this is sufficient to just stick LPPL to the Georgian
> patterns I don't know.
>
> (But it might be that I won't have time in the following days to
> update the package, so if I don't do it now, it will be stuck for
> another few days.)

I uploaded a new version of hyph-utf8 to CTAN and did a partial update
in TeX Live. That is: I updated files, but didn't remove Georgian from
TeX Live yet since that would make it more more complicated to add it
again. But in the days to follow it will either need to be updated or
removed from TL as well.

I did this because I might not be able to fix anything in the
following few days. If there will be no response from the author, Karl
can remove the files from TL himself (I believe that syncing the
package with CTAN should do, plus removing hyph-georgian.tlpsrc). If
author replies, I will do another official release with a fixed
licence.

I did the release now because:
- tomorrow is the official deadline for freezing package updates
- German patterns have been updated and testing would be welcome
- it would be great to get a bit more testing in case that anything
went wrong with luatex patches