[tex-hyphen] babel 3.9 beta

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 30 23:41:00 CET 2013

Hi Javier,

    However, the syntax of language.dat does not change at all, and very
    likely should, but how?

I strongly disagree about "should".  In fact, I strongly request that
the syntax of language.dat *not* change unless it absolutely has to.  It
would be an enormous headache if we start having to make it differently
in TL (and MiKTeX too I presume).  Don't do it lightly.

In any case, if there is some need to invent new syntax for new features
(nothing in your list seemed like it needed such?), please please please
keep the old syntax working.

And finally, as I've mentioned to you before, I'm very glad babel is
maintained again!!

karl