[tex-hyphen] uploading hyph-utf8 to CTAN

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 29 23:15:20 CEST 2010

    somehow confusing. In particular the "langother" one.

1. Do you have a concrete suggestion?

   The only thing I can imagine is splitting langother into one
   collection per language.  To me, the idea of having a dozen new
   collections with nothing but one hyphenation package in each seems
   much worse than the disease here.

   Also I already dislike the huge proliferation of tiny collections for
   several "obscure" languages.  I'd rather be lumping things together
   than splitting them apart at this point.

2. I don't see that there is any real issue in practice.  It's a few
   extra patterns that are installed together.  What difference does it
   really make how they are lumped or split?  There are other things to
   work on that actually have an impact on users.