[tex-hyphen] luatex-hyphen & TL

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat May 22 17:14:59 CEST 2010

On Sa, 22 Mai 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> This is really ugly to me.

Umpf.

> Second: Karl has already objected to that in past, but in case that
> you do generate luatex-specific language.dat.lua, instead of
> luaspecial="disabled:only usable in 8bit engines", I would much prefer
> to have something like
>     enable8bit=true,enableutf=false
> and for indic scripts
>     enable8bit=false,enableutf=true
> then you could just as well generate two language.dat files: one for
> 8bit engines and one for XeTeX. And even if not: the syntax would be
> much more clean.

So what are the cases we have to decide?
group 1:
	handled with the loader patterns for pdftex and related ones
group 2:
	xetex that can only load utf8 patterns
group 3:
	luatex, another set

Is that right? In additon, group 2 is a subset of group 1, right?
And group 3???

I would like to see some orthogonality.

>     comment="something that we would like to see in comments in language.dat"
> which would generate
>     % something that we would like to see in comments in language.dat

Well, that can probably be done on the gerenal level, yeah, that should
be doable.

Best wishes

Norbert
CORRIEMOILLIE (n.)
The dreadful sinking sensation in a long passageway encounter when
both protagonists immediately realise they have plumped for the
corriedoo (q.v.) much too early as they are still a good thirty yards
apart. They were embarrassed by the pretence of corriecravie (q.v.)
and decided to make use of the corriedoo because they felt silly. This
was a mistake as corrievorrie (q.v.) will make them seem far sillier.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff