[tex-hyphen] Lao Word Wrapping

Brian Wilson bountonw at gmail.com
Fri May 7 01:57:27 CEST 2010

Dear Mojca,

I have looked at the material.  Currently I am half way through Liang's
thesis. My first impressions are that one needs to be able to compose a
program in binary in order to solve this.

The three Turkish/Basque files give some hope. I noticed that they are all
in Ruby. Is that necessary? Could they be in Perl? I have some minimal Perl
exposure. Also, the files are dealing with hyphenation whereas Lao doesn't
hyphenate. We need to identify where word breaks can and can't occur. I know
the rules, but translating them into Ruby or any other computer language is
another story.

I am not sure how to move forward. Also, some of the characters will not
display properly on their own, is it better to write the unicode numbers?

Brian

--
Brian Wilson, Director
Asia-Pacific International University Translation Center

I have a new blog!! http://tc4asia.org/wpblog

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of
thee , but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy
God."  Micah 6:8