[tex-hyphen] setup russian hiphen

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:13:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 00:54, Aleks Kleyn wrote:
> As I wrote in my message I selected Russian. I do not know what game plays here windows 7 or this is bug in current version of babel but I losing time watching messages during translation and I do not like such output.

I was testing on Windows 7 with the latest version of MikTeX, so there
shouldn't be a difference. You didn't tell what languages pdflatex
lists on top.

If you get output like that it means that hyphenation will definitely
be wrong, so it's not just about "watching that ugly message".
Maybe you should check if you have any other format lying somewhere on
your disk that is found before the "official one" in MikTeX (kpsewhich
pdflatex.fmt - if that works).

Or maybe you can try the admin vs. user settings (it seems to me that
there are two different sets of settings involved).

But it might also make sense to ask on MikTeX list.