[tex-hyphen] hyphenation in LuaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:47:47 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 17:37, Élie Roux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently experimenting with patterns loading during runtime (in
> the sense of not in the format) in LuaTeX. I managed to get some
> things done by patching babel a bit, but got blocked at one point: the
> file
>
> \input loadhyph-fr.tex
> \bye
>
> doesn't compile, it gives me "Conflicting pattern ignored."
>
> What is the signification of this error, and how can I get things working?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I guess that the reason might be that you
didn't change the language and wanted to add French patterns on top of
US English ones.

The following helps (since arabic loads zerohyph.tex), but it would be
much better if you could use some cleaner macros to achieve that.

\uselanguage{arabic} % this is not a recipe, just an explanation
\input loadhyph-fr.tex
\bye