[tex-hyphen] hyphenation in LuaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 20:56:55 CET 2010

> The following helps (since arabic loads zerohyph.tex), but it would be
> much better if you could use some cleaner macros to achieve that.
>
> \uselanguage{arabic} % this is not a recipe, just an explanation
> \input loadhyph-fr.tex
> \bye

I need to add: I don't know enough of plain TeX/e-TeX to help you with
the right macros; it's just a direction in which you might want to
look.

http://www.tug.org/texmf-dist/doc/etex/base/etex_src.html

If you want to remove pattern loading completely, you need to fix
language.dat (for LaTeX) and language.def (for plain LuaTeX), just
keep in mind that this will also influence XeTeX and pdfTeX.
Alternatively you can modify the following line in
"/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf":
    luatex luatex language.def luatex.ini
where you can replace language.def with an empty file and that will
only influence luatex then.