[tex-hyphen] Customizing patterns

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Wed Feb 10 09:58:26 CET 2010

Hi Karl,

> This is for LuaTeX?
>
> Or, this has to be invoked at .fmt-dump time somehow.  I'm sorry, but I
> remain confused about who includes this code and what change it has on
> documents.

Sorry. I forgot to say this was a new loadhyph-es.tex (by
the way, the loading order is incorrect, because the local
patterns should precede the basic ones).

I explained how they are invoked in a previous post, but
I repeat it (with corrections):

==========================
Let assume we have in a document something like:

\usepackage{localhyphens}
\setlocalhyphen{spanish}{tl=liquid,prefixes=off}

With standard TeX, a preloaded set of patterns is necessary,
so:

- Create a file localhyph-es.conf with those setting.
- Recreate formats, so that if that file exists an
additional set of patters is created. Save those
settings in the format.
- When the document above is typeset, compare the
saved settings with those given in \setlocalhyphen.
- If they match, it's ok.
- If not, raise an error (or a warning) and save the
settings in a new localhyph-es.conf (and perhaps
move the file somewhere); then recreate formats.

> Attach a .tar.gz or .zip or whatever.  But, since gmail and other ISP's
> often wrongly reject archive attachments, would be even better to post
> it somewhere.

OK. I'll put them on my site.

Cheers
Javier