[tex-hyphen] tex patterns as lua files

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Apr 26 12:54:57 CEST 2010

Le 26/04/2010 08:46, Élie Roux a écrit :
 > [hyphenation changes for luatex]
> Is the change still planned for TL2010?

I seem to remember some change to babel was needed for the LaTeX part. So, this
part should be discussed with the LaTeX team once it's ready (I mean, something
working, reasonably tested by us, and well documented). Only them can update
babel (which may still take some time since, though babel itself is now in the
LaTeX SVN repo, babel's test suite currently exists only on Johannes' machine,
if I understand correctly). We'll update babel in TL only from the CTAN (just as
any other package, for that matter).

Changes to etex.src may be easier to get in, but nevertheless should be agreed
by etex's authors (not sure about the legal requirement, but anyway it looks
like the correct thing to do) and go through CTAN.

I believe that people wanting to test LuaTeX will be ready to update regularly
via tlmgr, so it is probably no big deal if we can't get it ready and included
for the DVD. Though I admit the DVD makes a great deadline for motivating
ourselves :-) Anyway, we shouldn't hurry too much, it's more important IMO to
get it right than to get it out early, since we're touching at the format, which
makes it complicated to fix by users should a problem arise.

> Are there some ideas on when
> the package freeze will occur?

I'll let Karl answer on this one.

Manuel.