[tex-hyphen] ann: dehyph-exptl v0.20

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Tue Jun 30 17:20:40 CEST 2009

Karl Berry schrieb:
>     For TeX Live 2009, could a kind soul please update the package (deleting
>     the old patterns) and replace the old entries in language.dat
>
> Done for tomorrow, I hope.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks!

Another question: I have just noticed that in TeX Live 2008 package
dehyph-exptl is part of collection-langgerman.  However, there should be
no other package relying on dehyph-exptl (the whole package is
experimental) and the effect of being part of collection-langgerman is
just to make deinstallation of dehyph-exptl in preparation of a manual
update difficult (one has to ignore the dependencies during deinstallation).

Would it be possible to make dehyph-exptl a stand-alone package that
doesn't belong to any collection and still having the package be
installed by default in a full installation in TeX Live 2009?  On the
other hand, might this be a non-issue in TeX Live 2009 (because there
will be no update freeze when TeX Live 2010 appears)?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig