[tex-hyphen] [tl2007] languages

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Tue Jun 30 18:20:51 CEST 2009

Hello,
I've been tasked to add support (hyphenation patterns for pdfTeX) for
some additional languages to our TL2007 installation:
  Cestina
  Estonian
  Magyar
  Latvian
  Lithuanian
  Polski
  Slovenian
  Slovaque
  Bulgarian
  Romanian
  Russian
Some of these are trivial (e.g. polski) since they are already
supported in TL2007; others (e.g. Lithuanian) are not included in
TL2007 but doable, and two are difficult: Latvian & Slovaque.
- Latvian is only supported recently with hyph-utf8 ?
- for Slovaque there is csplain/base/skhyphen.tex, but loading this in
  language.dat leads to errors. Is there some additional magic needed
  or is it just broken?

Is there an easy chance to get these working with pdftex and TL2007? I
don't want to switch to hyph-utf8 unless necessary.

Another question: Is there a list of fontencodings to use with these
languages somewhere?

Thanks in advance
  Martin