[tex-hyphen] hyphenation group

Steve Peter speter at dandy.net
Tue Aug 31 17:07:47 CEST 2004

> About names and structure:
> - how to deal with changes in languages (spelling)  - how to deal with
> dialects
> Maybe Steve Peter has ideas about how such things can be grouped?

My thoughts would be to provide a generic command along the lines of

\hyphenation[nl, 2004-09-01]

that would load the Dutch hyphenation patterns as of September 1, 2004.
There should of course be sensible defaults. Dialects could be handled
via extension to the language code (as is done elsewhere), and changes
in orthography could be handled via the date.

Steve