[tex-hyphen] hyphenation group

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Aug 31 21:01:24 CEST 2004

           One initial thought: it would be nice to solidify the CTAN
       archive as the official/authoritative upstream source of
       hyphenation patterns.

I agree.

If we create a new, more rational, structure with new, more rational
pattern files, then I'm sure there will no problem having CTAN mirror
that, TL use those, etc.

Offering XML in addition to tex also seems like no problem, once we have
the infrastructure there.

Structure of what we offer ... something like?

<top>/dut/hydut.tex symlinks to
<top>/dut/hydut-<date>.tex
ditto .xml

(I think we need something like "hy" or "hyph" in the filenames, else
there will be uniqification issues.)