[tex-eplain] Fwd: Re: Is there a list of fonts usable by TeX alone, or aTeX command to return names?

Laurence.Finston at gmx.net Laurence.Finston at gmx.net
Thu Oct 26 18:31:40 CEST 2023

>  a) TeX *STILL* can't find '.tfm' files for any font I try to load by name, not even the ones from the Don Knuth list posted on StackExchange.

Do you have the TFM files and do you know where they are?  If so, you could try putting them in your working directory.  You could try doing the same thing with the pk files, pfb files or whatever other obscure and cryptic files are needed for this purpose.

What issues are you having with the toc macros?  I've never had any problems with them.  I referred to a working example on the 3DLDF website.  Does it work on your system?